Do you still work with traditional layout programs, word processing, PDF, E-Mail, FTP, CMS, publishing systems, photo book or “Web-to-Print” software to organize your publishing processes?
With “Distributed Publishing” VivaDesigner offers you a completely new, simple, safe and above all affordable solution for communication between media service providers and your customers or colleagues!
What exactly is “Distributed Publishing”?
Based on VivaDesigner, “Distributed Publishing” is a technology with which media service providers prepare and provide an open layout document to their customers, colleagues or employees. The editing rights that a user may have can be defined individually for every document.
You can for example create documents that only give other users the possibility of entering text or moving images. Colors or Style sheets are available to these users but may not be edited by them. As the creator and administrator you protect your documents with an individual password, and you can release the documents for further editing with this password. In Web you can even do without passwords and assign the user rights on a role basis. In addition, individual layers or Alias (Master) pages may be protected from prohibited access or changes. In this way the user can for example enter text with fixed hyphenation rules straight into the layout. Documents to which access rights have beeen assigned can be opened in every program edition. On the desktop the completed documents are despatched fully automatically, without using Email, FTP, or Web applications. Like all modules, “Distributed Publishing” can be used in both the desktop and Web versions.
How does “Distributed Publishing” work on the desktop and in the Web?
In just six steps to the perfect document: With “Distributed Publishing” you create a template that can be edited and sent back automatically by a user in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Create template Create a layout im VivaDesigner or import a completed layout from Adobe® InDesign® in IDML format (from CS4).
Step 2: Define access rights Define the editing rights from over 30 settings for text and images, as well as program, layout and printing options, that you would like to give to the user. Protect these settings with an individual password. As an option, move single text/picture objects to password-protected layers to protect them from being accessed by the user.
Step 3: Deliver the document to the customer or upload it to the Web Provide the document to the customer (e.g. as a download or for direct editing in the Web).
Step 4: Customer edits the document Your customer edits the document within the user rights assigned to him locally on his own computer using either the desktop or Web version.
Step 5: Automatic document return in the desktop version VivaDesigner sends the completed document to a predefined address fully automatically with all fonts and images and sends you a confirmation message with all the required information.
Step 6: Further editing Unlock the document with your password for further editing, which may follow automatically in the Web. As an option, any application software can automatically edit the data further (e. g. for a proofing or order process or direct printing).
When do I need VivaDesigner with “Distributed Publishing”?
You need “Distributed Publishing” as an optional extension to or replacement for your layout program if according to your user group you can answer one or two of the goals listed below with Yes.
Goals for designers/service providers:
- You receive from your customers/colleagues text or word processor files, PDFs, faxes, E-Mails and want to put an end to this flood of data and manual tasks?
- You want to save the costs for an editing system or a »Web-to-Print« solution, because these are too expensive and/or are not suited for small print runs?
- You want to keep full control over the document even with small print runs and still offer your customers extensive freedom of content?
- You want to ensure that the customer does not move to other suppliers with your templates?
- You need a solution that gives your customers and their partners world-wide the possibility of translating into ALL languages without changing your design?
- You want ONE software without any language exceptions? For Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew and Arabic?
Goals for companies/end users:
- You want to enter your text straight into the final layout, instead of writing in text or word processing programs or E-Mail programs?
- You want to define image cropping and image size directly in the final layout, instead of describing your requirements in great detail to the graphic designer?
- You don’t want to make proofing corrections in PDFs or send text by E-Mail any more?
- You want a user interface with a genuine print preview (WYSIWYG) that is simpler than “MS-Word®”?
- You don’t want to be obliged to buy the layout software of your graphic designer including all updates and upgrades?
- You don’t want to exchange data constantly with the graphic designer until both parties are satisfied?
- You want to provide your overseas partners in the Middle East or Asia with documents in your CD and the relevant translations? You want ONE software for all languages, NO exceptions?
Try out “Distributed Publishing” with VivaDesigner free of charge. Have a look at the video, download and install the 30 day demo version. Please read the instructions and feel free to contact our Support free of charge.